The Rocky River Women’s Club
Commitment to Community Scholarship
The annually-awarded RRWC Commitment to Community Scholarship is open to male and female Rocky River high school residents, who will attend an accredited college or university in the fall of 2021. The scholarship program is open to all Rocky River residents, regardless of the high school they attend. Applicants must hold a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or greater for consideration. One $1000 award will be granted for one year only.
For questions, send via email to RRWC.CommunityScholarships@gmail.com.
The criteria to be used as a basis for awarding the scholarship are:
- A completed application
- A typed statement by the applicant (500 words or less) explaining the impact of community service in his or her life.
- Grammar and spelling will be considered
- A complete résumé, including activities, volunteer work, employment, and honors/awards
- Special attention will be paid to sustained commitment to service
- A GPA of 2.5 or better (on a 4 point scale)
- Attach an unofficial transcript
- A letter of acceptance to a post-secondary institution
- Attach a copy of the acceptance letter
Finalists will be asked to participate in a 15-minute video or telephone conference with the RRWC Scholarship Committee. If you require alternate means of communication or the use of an interpreter, please communicate that information when selected as a finalist, and accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Deadline is March 28, 2021. Submit all documents to the Rocky River Women’s Club either electronically via email: RRWC.CommunityScholarships@gmail.com,
Selected recipient will be notified in May and be recognized by our Club.