RRAP Eligibility

Clients of the RRAP must be residents of Rocky River for six months and meet certain income requirements. These income requirements parallel those of the Ohio Department of Human Services based on the TEFAP (The Emergency Food Assistance Program) household eligibility guidelines. To establish proof of residency and financial need, applicants will be asked to present a copy of some of the following documents at registration (these are 8 of the most typical documentation required):

  • Utility bill for past three months
  • Lease agreement
  • Recent W-2 form or paycheck stub
  • Social Security Award Letter
  • Current Unemployment book
  • Child Support Statement
  • Photo Identification
  • Children’s birth certificates


Full confidentiality is a vital part of RRAP. However, the women managing the program will have monthly contact with clients. Access to client’s names is restricted to a few select RRAP committee members. This information is treated with the utmost respect.

Special Requests

When a special request for items such as home furnishings or baby-care supplies arises, RRAP turns to the community to fulfill the need. Conversely, when RRAP becomes aware of a potential donation from the community of an appliance or furniture, a notice is posted at the food distribution center at the Adult Activity Center.


Food is distributed on the third Wednesday of each month. Non-perishable food can be dropped off at the Adult Activity Center between the hours of 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm on third Tuesday of each month or by contacting the Rocky River Assistance Program. Transportation to retrieve items is the responsibility of the recipient.

Contact Us

If you need help or would like to enroll as a client, please email rockyriverassistanceprogram@gmail.com. The RRAP manager will send enrollment information.