Who Can Get Help from RRAP?
To get help from RRAP, you must be a resident of Rocky River for the past six months, meet the program’s income requirements, and submit a completed application and required documentation:
Download and print the Application Documents (PDF) below. You must complete and sign all documents and return to RRAP before you can receive help.
- RRAP Application & Checklist
- Food Eligibility Form (JFS 04221)
- Request for Transcript of Tax Return (4506-T)
You can also ask for a paper application via U.S. mail to your Rocky River address by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or leaving us a voicemail at (216) 556-5887 with your full name, address, and phone number.
What Do I Need to Provide with My Application:
When you send in your completed and signed application, we’ll also need copies of the following documents & information to ensure we can help you.
- Proof of Household
Size (copies of all that apply):
- Photo IDs of ALL adults who live in your home who are older age 18 or older
- Birth certificates, custody paperwork, or report cards for any minor children who live in your home.
- Proof of Residency (copies of one of the following):
- Three months of utility bills at your Rocky River address in your name
- Dated and signed Lease or Mortgage agreement in your name
- Proof of income (copies of all documents that apply to you & your family):
- Recent paycheck stub, W-2, and/or 1099
- Proof of Unemployment or Unemployment Compensation
- Social Security award letter
- Child support statement
- SNAP and/or WIC statement
PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE sign and date ALL FORMS included in the application. Even if you do not file taxes or feel a form doesn’t apply to you, your signature is required on all parts. We can’t accept an application without signatures or copies of the above documents.
What Happens After I Apply?
After we review your application and documents, we’ll contact you and let you know if you’re approved for help through RRAP! If we need more information, we’ll contact you to find out more.
How do I Get Monthly Groceries?
After your application is accepted, you can start to pick up food the next month you’re eligible.
First – you’ll call (216) 556-5887 to reserve groceries the week before your pick-up date.
Second – you’ll pick up your food.
2023 – 2024
ROCKY RIVER ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Call and leave a message by 5:00pm on the CALL BY DATE to PICK UP on the date listed below:
|CALL BY DATE:||PICK-UP DATES:|
|July 5, 2023||July 12, 2023|
|August 9, 2023||August 16, 2023|
|September 6, 2023||September 13, 2023|
|October 4, 2023||October 11, 2023|
|November 2, 2023||November 15, 2023|
|December 6, 2023||December 13, 2023|
|January 3, 2024||January 10, 2024|
|February 14, 2024||February 21, 2024|
|March 6, 2024||March 13, 2024|
|April 3, 2024||April 10, 2024|
|May 8, 2024||May 15, 2024|
|June 5, 2024||June 12, 2024|
To pick-up food at monthly distribution, please follow these steps:
1) Call the RRAP voicemail at 216-556-5887 on the CALL BY DATES listed below. Let us know you are
picking up for a large family and/or need school lunches for the month. You will need to leave a message
by 5 p.m.
2) Leave a message with your FULL NAME and PHONE NUMBER. Please speak slowly and clearly so we
make sure to have the correct information on our list.
3) Bring photo identification to distribution. You’ll need to show this to pick up school lunches.
PICK UP LOCATION: Rocky River Adult Activities Center 20120 Detroit Road
PICK UP TIMES: 1 -1:30 p.m. or 7-7:30 p.m.
PARKING: Please park in spaces in the rear of the parking lot and enter the building through the side
entrance on the west side of the building.
Call and leave a message by 5 p.m. on the CALL BY DATE to PICK UP on the date listed above.
We’ll contact you directly about other help like Adopt-A-Family holiday gifts, school snack packs, and more!
Who Has Access to Your Personal Information?
When you complete an application and provide documents with personal information, your information is safe. The Co-chairs of the RRAP maintain physical records. Your application and submitted documents may be shared with the Rocky River Women’s Club Executive Board (who runs the RRAP), but no one outside the RRAP or RRWC will ever see them. We may share your contact information with our RRAP Adopt-A-Family committee to arrange holiday wish lists.
If you need help with the application or have questions – get in touch with us! Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (216) 556-5887 and leave a voicemail with your name, phone number, and your question. One of the RRAP Co-Chairs will return your call and provide the help you need!