Who Can Get Help from RRAP?
To get help from RRAP, you must be a resident of Rocky River for the past six months, meet the program’s income requirements and submit a completed application and required documentation:
Download the Application Documents (PDF) below. You must complete and sign all documents before returning to RRAP.
- RRAP Application for Assistance
- Background Check Authorization
- JFS Form 04221 Food Program Eligibility Form (State of Ohio Form)
- IRS Form 4506t Request for Transcript of Tax Return (Federal Form)
You can also ask for a paper application via U.S. mail to your Rocky River address by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or leaving us a voicemail at (216) 556-5887 with your full name, address, and phone number.
What Do I Need to Provide with My Application:
When you send in your completed and signed application, we’ll also need copies of the following documents & information to make sure we can help you.
- Proof of Household
Size (copies of all that apply):
- Photo IDs of ALL adults who live in your home who are older age 18 or older
- Birth certificates, custody paperwork, or report cards for any minor children who live in your home.
- Proof of Residency
(copies of one of the following):
- Three months of utility bills at your Rocky River address in your name
and signed Lease or Mortgage agreement in your name
- Proof of income
(copies of all documents that apply to you & your family):
- Recent paycheck stub, W-2, and/or 1099
- Proof of Unemployment or Unemployment Compensation
- Social Security award letter
- Child support statement
- SNAP and/or WIC statement
PLEASE NOTE: PLEASE sign and date ALL FORMS included in the application. Even if you do not file taxes or feel a form doesn’t apply to you, your signature is required on all parts. We can’t accept an application without signatures or without copies of the documents listed above.
What Happens After I Apply?
After we take a look at your application and documents, we’ll contact you and let you know if you’re approved for help through RRAP! If we need more information, we’ll contact you to find out more.
How do I Get Monthly Groceries?
After your application is accepted, you can start to pick up food the next month you’re eligible. Pick-ups are usually the 3rd Wednesday of every month – dates and times are listed below.
First – you’ll call (216) 556-5887 to reserve groceries the week before your pick-up date.
COMING SOON: 2020 – 2021 Pick Up Information:
- Last Names A-K Grocery Reserve & Pick-Up Dates
- Last Names L-Z Grocery Reserve & Pick-Up Dates
- Large Family Grocery Reserve & Pick-Up Dates
Pick-Up Location: Rocky River Adult Activities Center located at 20210 Detroit Rd
Pick-up Time: 1:00p – 1:30p or 7:00p – 7:30p
We’ll be in touch with you directly about other help like Adopt-A-Family holiday gifts!
Who Has Access to Your Personal Information?
When you complete an application and provide documents with personal information, your information is safe. The Co-chairs of the RRAP maintain physical records. Your application and documents submitted may be shared with the Rocky River Women’s Club Executive Board (who runs the RRAP), but no one outside the RRAP or RRWC will ever see them. We may share your contact information with our RRAP Adopt-A-Family committee to arrange holiday wish lists.
If you need help with the application or have questions – get in touch with us! Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (216) 556-5887 and leave a voicemail with your name, phone number, and your question. One of the RRAP Co-Chairs will return your call and provide the help you need!